SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabosbaby

Help with a Puppy Problem & a Cat being BAD!

shabosbaby
17 years ago

Okay here is this situation... My mom and dad are older (50s) and they inherited a kitty about 10 months of age. The cat belonged to my brother who passed away in August. Well after my brother passing my mom wanted to get a boxer puppy just like mine. I have an adult and a puppy. Anyways, so she did. Well her pup is from the same litter as mine but is much smaller and about 2 weeks behind mine. She wasn't the runt but close to it. Anyways, I'm trying my best to help her to train "Daisy Duke" (the puppy's name) as best as I can with still letting Daisy be my moms baby. That's the way I brought my adult boxer up and she is more then perfect (she was my baby and I stayed with her 24-7 training her for the first 3 months I got her). Well everything is going okay but Daisy has started this new thing with everytime my mom tries to pick her up she runs. My mom started crying today because she feels that it is personal. I told her it is not, that Daisy is just a pup but I didn't know what to tell her to do about it. The only thing I told her was she could try putting Daisy on a leash everytime they go outside, but I don't know of anything else. My dogs have not done this. Does anybody have any ideas for her??

Then her cat...The cat has always been very hyper and always going going going. Well about right at the time my brother passes away Seehr (the cats name) started doing very bad things that she knows she is not allowed to do. Like, go on the counter, jump on top of the dining room table, etc. I could go on and on. She is just really been bad. Well for a while my mom just let her do it because we knew she was greiving like us. Well my mom ended up moving because she couldn't handle living where my brother passes away (my brother passed away in their home, they all lived together). Well they thought that alot of their problems would go away too. WRONG!!!! They have only lived there for about 3 weeks and Seehr has already got the blinds broke, always up on the counter, just all the same stuff again. What should she do?? She tried the squirt bottle full of water (somebody told her to do that) and that problaby would have worked but Seehr moves too fast and the minute somebody walks in the room she jumps away and runs because she knows its bad. That's the hard part, she knows she bad but just keeps doing it anyways. Well if anybody has any ideas that might help either of my moms problems we thank you very much!!

Thanks Again, Elycia

Comments (21)