SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Help me find a place to use these light shades ..

zipdee
15 years ago

I found these cool glass shades at Habitat for Humanity Restore the other day, I only paid $2 a piece for them. Originally I thought they'd be neat in the center hall and would play off the shade we have in the kitchen. Now that I've very tentatively hung one and now I'm thinking .. nope.

First here's the shade in the kitchen again :

I have one of three places I could use these shades.

#1 is the hall .. now with a better fixture they might be do-able, something that would beef them up a bit. I just mounted this with a very cheap HD fixture I had around and it tells. *LOL*

More info on the shades .. they are 4" fitters and the bottom part is 8" across.

( They haven't been cleaned well yet, I need to scrub them well before they are permanently mounted )

I'm thinking as far as fixtures you could either do them as a pendant ( brushed nickle fixture though )

Or a much nicer and larger ceiling mount :

The two other places I am contemplating for these are our yet to be completed master bath :

Here's the sink that will be going in there, as well as a hex tile floor and clawfoot tub :

OR :

Use them in the eating area over the table, the eating area has a slanted roof line, so I'd have to have specially made pendants for that probably. Since they are right in view of the kitchen fixture, I'm not sure if they are too different to work or not though.

{{!gwi}}

Thoughts ??

Comments (3)