SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerzeegirl_gw

Tankless Water Heater - Should I get one?

jerzeegirl
16 years ago

I think I am going to convert to gas. I probably should have done this five years ago when I moved into my house, or two years ago, when I redid my kitchen, but better late than never right? The gas company will run the lines from the street to the house for free as long as I hook up at least two appliances. No problem there. I would hook up water heater, dryer and range.

My dilemma is whether to go with a tankless water heater or another low boy (40 gal) heater similar to the electric one we currently have. I have never had a tankless heater and so the newness scares me a bit. It will be installed outside the house which is nice. The household consists of two people and we never use up all our hot water so I don't think the amount of hot water it produces will be an issue. Although the tankless heater is more expensive than the low boy, with the rebates from the gas company and the credit on the tankless heater on our federal taxes, it seems to be a good deal.

I have linked the specs on the tankless water heater that will be installed.

Do any of you have any feedback about this particular brand of heater? Do you like your tankless heaters? Anything else I should be thinking about doing?

Here is a link that might be useful: Takagi TK-3-OS

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor