SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Help with wall mounted toilet install question

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

I am considering a wall mounted toilet for my small powder room. I realize that we will have to tear open the wall, possibily build it out to get the space we need, reroute the drain, and repair the hold in the foor where the existing drain is.

My guestion has to do with the installation of flush plate, and neither the Toto or the Geberit tank install instructions seem to address this in much detail. I know I have seem pics on Houzz where the flush plate was mounted horizontally on top of a ledge behind the toilet, and not vertically on the wall above the toilet. Is this an option with all tank units - can it be done that way?

I'm trying to figure out how much flexibility I have to determine the location of the flush plate - I don't want iot horizontal but I want it on a different vertical plane from tje toilet. I want to bump out the bottom of the wall and have the plate on the original wall above the bump out.

If anyone here has experience with these things, can you please comment? Thanks.

Comments (4)