SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kev_800_gw

Need layout assistance in a small-ish kitchen

kev_800
16 years ago

We live in a very old row-home that drastically needs a kitchen update. I have attached a copy of one possible layout. As you can see, space is at a premium. We're going for a built-in fridge (43'), and a range (30 or 36') because I don't think we have room for a cooktop and built-in oven(s) (no real space to put in a wall of cabinetry)

Does anyone see a way to really do something unique and interesting in terms of the layout here? We want to preserve as much of the natural light coming in from the window as possible which pretty much means nothing can be put on the wall on the right side of the layout. The hallway in the upper right corner is a back sunroom portion of the house which opens to a bar area, and the living room/dining room on the top left/top center. There is also a problem with the lower right corner, how the counter is so deep there. I'm not sure we're going to be able to bump the wall back along the entire length of the bottom of the layout. We have a pretty generous budget, as we both agree this is the most important room in the house. We would like space for two people to sit in the kitchen if they so desire to hang out. We also want enough counter space, and good storage, and we are hoping to have the kitchen relatively kid friendly, as we're thinking of having kids in the next year or two :)

I appreciate everyone's input

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)