SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hsw_sc

Layout Help (With Updated ,Legible-ish Layout!)

hsw_sc
10 years ago

Hey again GW. I have posted layouts but have not been able to get help because my pics were so small no one could read them. I have gone ahead and drawn them up on paper so you can get an idea of what I'm looking at.

-Our kitchen is 21x16, with a butler's pantry and food pantry behind our current fridge wall.
-There are just two of us and a dog (soon to be plural). Dog/s will eat in the kitchen.
-We eat at our island every night (unless we have company, then we eat in the dining room) even though we have a table and chairs in the current kitchen.
-Our range top will not be against an outside wall. We have discussed this issue with several builders and all said that we can vent easily outside because our kitchen juts out farther than the story above it and the joists run the right way.
-We are opening up the kitchen to be more open to the family room BUT we are not tearing out windows and cannot close off doorways because then we'd be closing off major arteries of the downstairs.
-We both cook, and if one is cooking, the other is cleaning.
-Our friends come over and cook with us (one of the perks of having Chef Friends :)
-Our cleanup sink will be a single.
-I have not decided whether to have double ovens and a drawer MW or an Advantium speed oven and a single oven in a stack.
-We have a sink in the Butler's Pantry that never gets used simply because of where it is. Please see my follow-up question to this after the plans...

Current Kitchen Plan:

Proposed Kitchen Plan:

One idea I had was to put a prep sink to the left or right of the rangetop. As I said above, we have a sink in the Butler's Pantry that doesn't get used. We are basically redoing the BP as it is now (with sink). What if I took the sink out of the BP and put it to the right of the rangetop since there are water lines there anyway (from the current cleanup sink)? Just a random thought.

Also, thoughts on drawer MW vs. speed oven? We're not big microwavers, but our friends and family that come over and stay/cook are.

Anyhoo, tear it up!!! And thank you!

Comments (11)