SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hayjud_mn

What is with the Cable Company?

hayjud_mn
14 years ago

What's the deal with Techno connections these days?

I read Okwriter's thread about bundling and see that there are DEALS out there to be had!

Yesterday afternoon two young guys came to our door. They were both dressed totally in black and one didn't remove his sun glasses. They did have "company badges hanging around their necks for our CABLE co. The papers they had were from the same company we have done business with for many years.

They wanted to install a box on our TV and give us $30 off what we had been paying monthly for our TV/Internet bill. He said we could even remove the box and throw it in a closset later if we want to, but we still get the reduction. I asked if it goes up later and he said if it does just give him a call and he will fix it. They were going down the neighborhood with a list of everyone who had service with Charter.

Dh signed the paper and it will be installed tomorrow.

I generally think "logically" and this just doesn't connect! Do any of you have a clue as to what this is about? DH said we don't get more channels and we already have HD, so there apparently wont be any change. All he mentioned is a better picture.

After reading OK's thread I wonder if there is a big change coming down the pike that is going to change all of this.

Comments (12)