SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sduck2_gw

IBS or Lymphoma

sduck2
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I've been here before with another cat problem but now my healthy one is sick and I hope you can help.

I brought her to the emergency hospital the day before Christmas Eve with constant vomiting and diareah. She's had small bouts of both before but the throwing up bile became pretty severe. They could not find answers and did all blood work, xray, ultrasound etc (over $2000, ugh!). The conclusion because of thickening of the intestinal walls and elevated liver enzymes is either Irretable Bowel or Lymphoma. I opted NOT to open her up to confirm either. Because she's always been very finicky, throws up easily I'm hoping and treating her with her the IBS. After 3 days at the hospital, I brought her home yesterday.

She's on 2 antiabiotics for 10 days, an appetite stimulant every 3 days and prednisolone twice a day. She's always been a tiny thing, actually I was surprised my vet had her at 9 lbs. and she was down to 7.6 when I admitted her. She didn't eat for them at all and that is their biggest concern now. When I brought her home she immediately licked some gravy off her favorite food but after opening 5 cans of cat food she wouldn't touch anything. Finally I opened a can of people tuna. WIthin the last 24 hours she's eaten almost ate the entire can but that's it. The vet said it's more important to get her to eat ANYTHING but I know she needs the nutrients of cat food.

My question to you is do you have any tricks to get a cat to eat? The weird thing is, I had some left over cans of prescription Z/D that she actually nibbled on which would be ideal with the IBS if I can get her to continue to eat it.

As I write this, she just came in and attacked the scratch box they got for Christmas so thats a good sign she's feeling better!

Comments (6)