SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whiteziggy23

Bichon Frise Trouble.....Allergies??

whiteziggy23
17 years ago

Hi all.....

I have a 4 year old Bichon and lately been having some trouble.

She started getting sick about two weeks ago....bile mostly. Couldn't keep anything down. We took her to the vet last week and the vet advised maybe she was allergiv to something in her food. The vet swtiched us to a Medi-Call Hypoallergenic dried food. I tried this and our dog would not touch this or the dry Medi-call Treats. So I picked up the can of the same Hypo-Allergenic food.

She loves this.....can't wait to eat it. But yesterday I cam home and noticed that she had licked a spot on the bottom of her front paw to a sore....and her eye lid (hair area around the eye itself) had turned pink and swallen on one eye. The other is fine.

One of my friends is a vet and dropped over and said her eye itself looked fine.

It was suggested to go and get Bendryl for kids and give her this. So we did this last night and she still was licking at her front paw and her eye lid still looks pink and swallen.

She has always licked her paws......but we were told it was probably just stress or something (??? not sure why it would be stres). But now the licking is worse than ever and her eye lid is swallen. Which is a first.

Would it be possible she would be allergic to the canned Medi-call Hypo-allergenic food?? Should we try a different hypo-allergenic food?? Any suggestions that would help with the licking paws and the eyelid.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (3)