SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bradw1059

GE Monogram Appliances

bradw1059
14 years ago

Does anyone have experience - good or bad - with GE Monogram appliances? In my experience, they are of the worst quality on the market. My appliances are now 4 years old and starting to fail. The fridge has never kept a constant temp, the oven takes 36 minutes to reach 350 degrees, and the dishwasher leaks. Last week, the gas cooktop shorted out and burst into flames. It was not even on at the time, and I thank the Lord that I was home or the damage could have been much worse. GE customer service explained that while not common, any electrical appliance can short out with normal usage. (How many of you have had kitchen appliances of any brand catch on fire when off??) They want several hundred dollars for the repair, which I refuse to pay, especially after the GE repairman stated that with the Monogram design, it may happen again. I plan to replace the entire suite, as budgets allow, with higher quality appliances. Did I just get a set of lemons, or do others have similar experience with GE Monogram?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus