SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosegarden3

we adopted (pic) question about feeding and energy

rosegarden3
16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This is our Great Pyrenees we adopted last Thursday from a lady nearby, and my girl Lilly. Her husband past away, he was retired and took care of the dog, she works 12 ours a day 4 days a week and could not take car of her. Her name was Fluffy, but she does not respond to it. I am hoping to come up with something new(any suggestions?). She is great with my kids and will even let the kids take her food/special treats away. She is housebroken and walks well on a leash(a good start) but that's about all, she knows no basic commands(we are working on this). She is 2 years old and very mellow, the lady said she was AKC but could not find the papers, but that does not matter we love her. She is just now due for her yearly shots, and we have an appointment with the vet next week.

My questions are,

She is very slow moving, does not seem to have trouble getting up or around, just slow. is this normal for a GP? or could she have problems?

They fed her Old Roy and a lot of table scraps. I don't like the idea of giving her scraps. I bought a small bag of Old Roy to mix with her new food. But she has barely eaten. How can I get her to eat? should I give her some scraps and ween her off? If so what scraps? I have never fed my dogs scraps and I don't know what she should and should not have. I have heard that dogs will not starve themselves and will eat eventually but is there an easier way? She is a little on the thin side.

Her eyes are not blue, that's just from the flash.

Thanks

Rose

Comments (22)