SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanonly_one

Help Needed - Big Time- Cat's Ears!

jeanonly_one
17 years ago

My DH(whose first wife died, & so has he) had a beautiful daughter that always wanted a kitten. Before DH passed away, he got his daughter "Lily" a kitten she named 'Yoshi'. Lily lives with his parents (for school purposes & lessons & such) but comes & stays with me at least once a month, sometimes more, with Yoshi in tow.

A month or so ago, Yoshi wasn't his usual self. His ears looked like he may have had mites. After numerous calls to vets, I found one who would see Yoshi on a Sat.

Anyway, the vet did do tests. No ear mites. Yoshi had some sort of ecoli infection (I think). I asked the cause, & was told ---- bad luck.

Vet perscribed Bayton???? twice daily (so I kept Yoshi that week, as I can give pills) and also Canaural ear drops once daily.

One week follow up, vet said Yoshi's ears were looking much better.

When Lily & Yoshi visited this past weekend, I thought pure kittie's ears did not look very good - again.

GM & GP are wonderful as Lily means so much to them. However, they are not pet people (don't take me wrong) they have given up so much to provide Lily with a loving stable life.

Question for you -- What can I do, or should do to improve Yoshi's ears? I don't see her enough, but am very concerned. Actually, GM & GP dislike animals in general, so I feel the ball is in my court. Please help.

Comments (9)