SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alan_s_thefirst

Caroma does business in Canada...wish I'd known.

alan_s_thefirst
11 years ago

I'd been meaning to rant about North American toilets for some time, and now's the time. After living in Australia for many years, I returned to Canada to discover it's incredibly easy to block a toilet....because they're errr...too skinny.

Never happened in Australia. Toilets are 4"/100mm all the way through, from the toilet itself to the drain lines. I never needed to own plunger, even with two kids. A bucket held at a height was all you ever needed on the one or two occasions the thing DID manage to get blocked.

Finally bought a new American Standard - a good deal - and took great pleasure in smashing the old one when I took it to the dump. Now, a couple of months later I got a flyer from a wholesaler, and lo and behold! Caroma, an Australian brand, is available here, and one of the benefits they tout is the 4" throughout. The prices are decent, too.

Wish I'd gotten that flyer a couple of months ago. They're pretty much universally dual flush, and I see they have a model that's got a handwashing sink integrated into it, so the water gets used for flushing. How clever is that, especially in a small powder room? There's a Caroma USA site, too.

Rant over. Sigh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caroma Australia

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH