SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasheat

New PB Houston, Information overload!,,

texasheat
12 years ago

Hi everyone I have been lurking for a few weeks and have learned much, i am grateful that I have found this site!

Now we are receiving bids back and hope to go with the below bid... Not sure what questions to ask from here, we are new to the entire process and if it is anything like building our home, I want to know what I am paying for is what we are getting, or if there is a better option... Please let me know if I should be asking some really important questions that I have no idea to ask at this point.. I feel like I am trying to tread water here but am sinking as this information is over whelming when you don't know what it all means in the first place.. So bear with me please..

The Specs:

Pool size 16 x 37 482 sq. feet

Perimeter 102 LN feet

Depth is 3.5 feet - 6 feet

7 foot kid area/ Tanning ledge will be 1.5feet deep with bubbler in middle

2 benches and 3 steps

Water feature : 5ft long 12inch raised wall with a 24 inch wide sheer decent

Back wall along easement and grassed area will be a 40 foot 6inch raised wall

530 sq feet of sprayed deck includes existing concrete patio with ( is this a kooldeck that other are refering too ? )

Tile: 6" Frost proof tile, and markers on steps and Benche's

Coping: 1 foot of flagstone around entire pool

Plaster : Diamond bright ( any light color)

Equipment: this is where I am most clueless !

Filter: 425SF Cartridge Hayward

Pump: 2 HP Tristar Hayward

Chlorinator: Inline

Ozonator: Ultrapure

Cleaner: Pool Vac Ultra Hayward

Pool lights : 2 white 500 watts each Hayward

Structure Info:

Gunite Shell ( lifetime warranty) walls and floor minimum 9" thick

Gunite bond beam 12x18"

Steel reinforcement: 12x18" bond beam -4bars #4 (1/2") continuous.

Walls and floor -#3(3/8") 8" on center

Pluming:

40 LN feet. Heavy wall PC pipe size 2" for all out lines and 1 1/2 in return lines.

2 Skimmers, 6 returns and 2 main drains.

Dedicated line for Cleaner, Fill Line & overflow, separate valves for skimmers and main drain.

Electrical: 100 LN feet .

Adjustable Intermatic timer for pumps. A GFCI receptacle wired into all lighting and grounded with #8 bare copper.

Price includes, all city permits and HOA approval process, removal and fixing of existing fence, damage to grass will be replaced, final clean up and start up, pool school....

So I am looking for as much input from anyone as to what questions do I need to ask what is missing what is not ok for the pool size ( pumps, types of lights, filters or what ever) ....

Thank you all so much for reading the long post...

Comments (5)