SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisaabby_gw

blue star new to all gas...excited but scared

13 years ago

my husband and i are in the market for a new range...we have always had electric and have always dreamed of a gas range. price range $2k + or - a little bit. we have read a lot here about the blue star, nxr and other ranges. we liked what we read and yesterday found a 30" blue star floor model for $2,000. it looks, feels and sounds great plus it seems like a great price! a couple of problems that i was hoping you could help me with...

1) i'm a little scared about the gas oven. we've always had electric ovens and so i enjoy the beep when it tells me it's hot and also like to see the temp right there on the face of the oven. i have two little kids so i am easily distracted. i know it's a silly thing. we need a range as there is not enough room for a wall oven and a stove top.

2) also a little scared that it is too much stove for us. my husband enjoys cooking a nice meal once a week. the rest of the week i cook family friendly meals...lots of pasta and i use the oven to bake on an average of once per week.

3) my mom and dad have a jennair dual fuel that they love. i haven't found anyone else on the internet that loves their jennair so it scares me a little bit. also considering the kitchenaid. my reservation here is things that i've read on this site plus our current ovens panel went out and cost a lot of money to replace.

any thoughts, suggestions? thanks so much.

i've also posted this on the appliance forum but thought i would try here too. i hope that's not an issue.

Comments (3)