SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Good morning! ...long, mostly about Lauren's party

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

Morning everyone! Yesterday was beautiful and warm, today rainy and not quite as warm. Lauren's party wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. She invited 15 or 16 kids and about 13 came. All in my little sunroom, but they spilled out into the backyard.

Alex got a little annoyed at their music, not the music itself but because they kept changing the song constantly, before it was over-lol. I told him to put his own on or watch a movie. I had Dave Ramsey on my computer and listened to it instead of their music, then I turned the tv on, slightly loud. Lauren came and stole my Madonna CD because one of her friends LOVES Madonna.

I was surprised most of the kids were very polite, thanked me for letting them come over as they left (the boys). After the boys left, the girls started pigging out, got a big bowl of chips, dip, and pizza, then came and got the rest of the cake! They wanted the ice cream too and I had to tell them no, was afraid they'd all get sick.

Most of the parents just dropped their kid off, only a couple came in to meet us. One of the boy's dads looked and talked like he was high on something. He said he'd be around to pick him back up but instead his mother and her friend came back to get him. The mom quizzed me on who was going to be there, when they were leaving, if I was going to be there the whole time, then started quizzing Lauren on the ratio of boys to girls. I guess that's a good thing.

The girls spent the night out in the sunroom. Didn't think they were ever going to go to sleep. They're still sleeping. I'm going to make them funnel cakes for breakfast as soon as they wake up.

Most of them were well behaved, except for MY kid. I told her before the party started that they weren't to have pillow fights. Period. I have some old Turkish lamps out there and the ceiling fan is kinda low. My kids broke the cover on the ceiling fan in our livingroom a couple months ago by having a pillow fight. So, I hear all this racket, walk out there and see Lauren hitting one of the boys with a pillow! Arghghhhhh!

Oh, and I caught the girls burning the remaining birthday candles last night!!! In the sunroom. Lauren had snuck the lighter thing out of my kitchen cabinet. Don't know what made me go and check on them but I did and low and behold one of them had a burning candle in her hand, dripping hot wax on her leg??? They were all watching in a circle around her. They saw me coming and pretended like they weren't doing anything, snuffed the candle, covered her leg, like I hadn't already seen it.

Oh, and the kids all brought Lauren money, dog and cat treats and toys for the shelter animals. I thought that was kinda neat. I think someone at work's kid had done that and I suggested it to Lauren after she started talking about having this party. She and her friends volunteer there so I thought it would be something they'd like to do.

Going to do some laundry today, run out and get a few things, like water for work since they drank almost all of the box I just bought on Friday.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Going to have the girls pick up the trash in the backyard, they left water bottles and cups all over the place. At least my sunroom's still intact.

Comments (11)