SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Bedroom - Ideas for rest of bedding etc. Trying to pull room toge

User
14 years ago

Sorry about the weird spacing.

No, we still didn't buy a bed yet. In time. I'm still debating between the same two anyhow so that's fine with me. Either way, it will be dark wood to match the dressers.

I realized the other day I need to paint before we get the new bed. I am not going to try and monkey around everything later.

I'm trying to get some feedback and rough ideas on the paint, bedding, and curtains.

I'm going to use this bedding Nanny2a sent me. The day it arrived and I put it on the bed to look at it my one cat made a lovely snag. I was thinking of folding it down at the bottom of the bed or at least only half of the bed. If the cats are on the bed at all, which is rare, it's towards the top. I don't know what other covers to use? I don't like how heavy blankets feel on top of me when I'm trying to sleep. My grandparents have a beautiful white knitted quilt on their guest bed and I'd always take the thing off when sleeping over. We currently use one of those Vellux insulated blankets (see link) and one of those vintage fuzzy throws I don't think they make anymore.

{{!gwi}}

*the bag guy ;)*

{{gwi:1502314}}

I really want to paint something SW Mannered Gold in my house. :) I think the color strip matches well against the gold in the fabric. Here's a shot of it in my LR so you can see the fabric against dark wood. The gold on the wall color here is BM Shelburne Buff.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Bonniee's room in SW Mannered Gold (Everyone should know by now I love this bed, paint, and basically her house. :) )

{{!gwi}}

The curtains.... the current ones are BB&B Argentina in bronze. They're only 84" long and I think they look squatty. My plan was to buy a thicker rod, raise it up, add curtains at the very edge of window to make it look as wide as possible and add a (need to find a lined one because I'm weird about that) woven shade. Any thoughts on curtains?

The lamps will change later. Magazine rack will get painted. Jewelry armoire is in the closet now.

I could change the sheets out to white. I'm not sure how practical white blankets etc. are for us though.

I'm really excited and getting impatient to start this room. So far the dressers are the only thing I like about it and I shouldn't say I "don't care" what it looks like now but I don't like the way it looks (hodge podgy in a bad way) so I don't keep it as tidy as the rest of the house. - If someone can relate to what I'm saying.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: blanket

Comments (14)