SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Help me ID occasional drip sound in wall

mangomoon
14 years ago

I live in a mobile home. A few months ago I had a new bathtub and shower walls installed because the old tub had a crack in it that sent the tub floor water into the bedroom wall (bdrm #1 is on other side of shower wall), instead of straight down. Management was confused thinking there was no flooring beneath the tub. Because of this the wall between the bath/room and bd/room had to be taken down as it was ruined by moisture, and the floor boards were removed to reveal the pipes underneath. During construction one of the men by accident, hit a pipe causing a break in the pipe shooting water everywhere. This was easily repaired, then the new floor was built, the shower/tub installed and a new paneling wall for the bedroom, carpet pad, etc. 1 month later, I hear an infrequent drip which I began to document. After using any water, (shower, hand washing, washing dishes), about 1/2 hr later, I hear a drip...drip..sound in the wall (you can hear it from either room due to the dividing wall. It is irregular and ceases in 5-10 min. I have heard of expansion and popping but this sounds like a drip. The carpet, floors are dry to the touch. The pipes are UNDER the floor with not piping at all between both rooms and the walls, and it is at the opposite end of where the shower head is. Under the floor in this area, I believe is a 90 degree turn where the pipes travel across the hallway into the kitchen. It sounds like run off and not a leak because it does not leak all of the time, only for a few minutes when water is used. Could the drip be a result of traveling and have something to do with the elbow or repair that took place where the pipe burst before? The location is almost a target.

Comment (1)