SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

About a med....sorry, indelecate.

dotmom
13 years ago

I have been taking Metformin for a number of years. One side effect is sudden and explosive diarrhea, about 4 - 5 times a week. It is so unpredictable, if I have someplace to go in the morning, I don't take the med. I've been researching for an alternative that isn't too expensive. I've learned about the side effects of this drug, and I think I have discovered the reason I haven't been feeling good for several months. It depletes B-12, my ambition and energy level have been almost non existent, which really effected me during our recent move. It effects moods and anger levels...another side effect I've been experiencing, I feel grumpy all most all of the time and find myself reacting to things that I used to shrug off, with too much emotion and anger. I go into the clinic for blood work on Friday, then will make an appointment to see my Dr. I've been making a list of symptoms that are bothering me, and they are listed as side effects of Metformin. Another thing worng, that i find hard to describe, is, I ger what I call quakes, in my body and head. It feel like waves or shudders that go through my body and in my head. nothing that can be seen exterior, but I feel it inside. I admit, I don't control my Diabetes as well as I should, but I am sole caretaker of Hubs and cat, and sometimes there just isn't energy left for the effort of taking care of myself. Anyone taking this drug and have you had any side effects from it? I would like to of your .

Comments (21)