SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Anybody here clip their own dog?

share_oh
17 years ago

I searched the forum and see that many of you go to the groomer's, but couldn't find much on anyone actually clipping their own pet.

I have a toy poodle who has been going to the groomer about every 6 or 7 weeks, I stretch it out as long as I can. I usually get her shaved down all the way, but now that its cold out I don't want it as short, which means she'll have to go back more frequently.

I pay $35 each time and figured that is close to $300 a year for grooming... I could invest in some quality clippers for her instead.

But, I have no idea how hard it would be to do it myself. I'm pretty sure I could do her body ok, but around her face would be trickier.

I know she wouldn't look beautiful when I was done with her, but honestly the groomer doesn't do a perfect job either. The time before last she had a cute little pom on her tail, the last time the pom was gone and she had a few scraggly hairs, it still looks terrible.

The groomers are very nice and they treat her well, so I have no problem with them, its really more the cost - shoot I only pay $20 for my own haircuts!

Sher

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County