SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita__az

Texas Tour Tyler (lots of pictures)

Nita__AZ
15 years ago

We had a wonderful time at Vannie...I mean who could not have a blast with a nut like Vannie Sue.

After we left Waco we headed north to Kathy's house. We dropped off our stuff and then took Kathy and all her goodies to Vannie's house. There were some cars in the driveway so I knew we weren't first. We were greeted at the door by a vivacious Vannie. In the living room area were Redfeather, Pauline and Betty. What a beautiful bunch of ladies. Pauline and Betty have been lurkers at the KT and GW for years. Pauline is Pauline 13 at the KT.

All the ladies brought salads and desserts for our lunch. I mean to tell you these ladies can cook!! We sat in the dining room and chatted and laughed through our meal.

From the left: Betty, Vannie, Pauline and Kathy

MaryAnn, Redfeather and Betty

Afterwards everyone went outside to see the beautiful flowers and gardens that Vannie is always telling us about. She doesn't exagerate, her yard is beautiful. While the gals were outside I did wander around the house taking pictures of the different rooms. I didn't sneak, I asked Vannie first. She has a beautifully decorated home and believe me it was CLEAN. I would have taken a picture of a dust bunny if I could have found one.

Kathy TX and Redfeather (Redfeather posts at the MH)

After seeing her flowers and grounds we headed into the living room to chat some more. What a blast laughing and laughing the afternoon away.

Vannie

Pauline 13

The afternoon went by so fast and I am sure we would still be there if we all didn't have some place to go. Vannie and her husband also had some commitments.

We got Vannie's husband to take some group pictures before we left. I am so sorry that we didn't think about doing this before Betty had to leave.

From the left: Nita, MaryAnn, Vannie, Kathy, Pauline and Redfeather.

Thank you so much Vannie for inviting us into your home and thanks to everyone for the delicious food.

When we left we headed back to Kathy's home where we spent the night. Of course Kathy had a nice meal ready for us too. I bet I have gained 20 pounds on this trip. We got to meet Kathy's husband, Ernie, and he is so nice and also told us to be sure we come back again.

After breakfast at Kathy's we headed to Houston. Thanks again Kathy for your hospitality. We had a wonderful time.

Comments (10)