SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestevah

Just moved Cat!

celestevah
14 years ago

I am a worrier and it sucks! I got my cat almost three years ago, as a kitten. I moved when he was almost a year old and couldn't have him where I was moving (which was a 6 month temp situation).

My aunt watched him and he went from being an only pet to sharing a house with a dog. My aunt ended up having him for over a year and a half because I ended up moving out of state. Where I live now, I can have pets.

My aunt told me I could take him. She just got another new dog inherited by her boyfriends daughter for the past two months. So Cobra just went from a two dog household to a stressful 7 hour drive... (the dr gave us a sedative and it only partially worked). He ate a teenie bit and from what I can tell, he hasn't eaten any of his dry food or drank water or used his litter box.

He kept me up all night meowing, or wanting to snuggle, or causing mischief. He's pretty vocal this morning and all last night and today snuggly and purring etc.

I know it's ok to leave him home alone while I'm at work for 8 hours but it breaks my heart to think about how lonely he'll be. I know he'll be ok and it'll be a couple days for him to adjust but... he'll be ok right? Will he get depressed being alone?

Thanks

Comments (4)