SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Antique Brass Hardware with Stainless Appliances??

gilmoregal
13 years ago

I'm usually just a lurker on this board but could really use some advice. We are updating our kitchen with plans to sell the house in a couple of years. Our update will include replacing all cabinet doors/drawer fronts, painting all cabinetry white, and replacing countertops/backsplash. The appliances are all on their last legs, so they will also be replaced. We have already purchased the fridge and dishwasher but haven't taken delivery yet. Both are stainless steel, so the cooktop and wall oven we purchase will also need to be stainless. My original inspiration kitchen had white cabinets, white subway tile backsplash, black countertops, stainless appliances, and satin nickel hardware and light fixtures.

Now I notice that antique brass/brushed bronze cabinet hardware is making a comeback. This would actually go better in our home than the satin nickel, as the home is early American/colonial in style and has all the original doorknobs and light fixtures in antique brass. But now that we have already purchased stainless appliances, I don't know how they would look with antique brass hardware in the kitchen. And I had planned to get a stainless sink and polished chrome faucet. I just worry that the mix of metals would look like a mistake rather than a conscious effort. (I know you can now find brushed brass kitchen faucets - but then would I need to get a white sink? Surely they are not mixing brass faucets with stainless sinks?)

In hindsight, I wish we had not already purchased the appliances, but they were discontinued models at a great price, and we are trying to do this on a budget. So whatever hardware we choose has to work with the stainless. Would I be better off to stick with the satin nickel?

Thanks for any input. I just tend to overanalyze and worry about the details...

Comments (13)