SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kkperry_gw

Opinions needed please - furniture 'feet' in kitchen or not?

KKPerry
12 years ago

I did a quick search and didn't find a discussion. I figure if anyone has an opinion it will be this helpful group.

We are in the middle of a whole house remodel with significants changes to kitchen (yeah!). Working with Kitchen/Bath Design who has been great! He has provided lots of thoughtful improvements to layouts and so far has been right about everything - things I am initially resistent to, I have realized he is usually right and I trust his recommendations.

He has recommended trim molding and angled "feet" througout our kitchen. The beverage center and DR butlers pantry and giant island are intended to look like furniture pieces and he also has them in the perimeter. In the renderings they look pointy, but I've seen the actual angled "blocks" (but not on actual cabinetry) and we are routing some door edge into the profile. I just can't tell if I am going to like them/need them. I know feet are not going to disguise the fact these areas are still cabinetry and not real furniture.

Our contracator and head carpenter - who have worked with this KD a lot and we have also been extremely happy with - keep mentioning that often home owners do not keep the feet. KD likes them and orders them, but after work to install and get right (GC has also been thoughtful and usually recommends the "right thing" not the easy/lazy choice) that they frequently they pull them back out.

I probably won't know until I see the finished product, but hate to incur the cost and unnecessary work (that can be spent elsewhere). Anyone have any stories/thoughts/comments to share of furniture-looking feet on cabinetry.

Thanks.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths