SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkramer60

I had a wonderful lunch with a friend today.

pkramer60
14 years ago

I had a wonderful lunch today and it wasnÂt just the food. I got to meet Loves2cook4six. If you may recall, she posted a RAK thread, offering up her unused Foodsaver containers. I respond and since she lives very close to me, and even closer to my office, we agreed to meet for lunch.

Sorry, but no photos. I have noticed that she is a private person, so I did not even bring my camera. But I can tell you that she is very pretty and even better, a very nice warm person.

We met at noon at JoleneÂs, a newer café/restaurant in Glenview, not far at all for either of us. We arrived at the same time, were seated promptly and started to talk. And talk and talk until it was time for her to go home at 3. We had also planned to stop in at the Viking Cooking School and store, but, well, we talked too long. In fact, the staff ever so politely nudged us out as they were starting a private Christmas party at 3.

Our tastes are similar, and since couldnÂt decide what to order, we started by sharing grilled Ahi tuna on a bed of mixed greens, beautifully rare and well presented. LC46 ordered the chicken sandwich with blue cheese and I had the Harvest salad, with turkey, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and more mixed greens. Wonderful! We then split a desert, the Mozart torte, a chocolate mousse with a pistachio cream in the center.

We ended with a hug and the promise to do this again. This is one promise I intend to keep. I am very lucky, I have said it before, meeting others from the CF is fantastic. So many good, kind people are here.

L-thank you so much for the containers.I had a great time today.

Peppi

Here is a link that might be useful: Jolene's

Comments (17)