SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamajean15

Decorate/paint mantle help

mamajean15
13 years ago

Looking at my sad fireplace can someone help bring me to LIFE!!! I realize the framed print is way to small. I stuck it there to cover the wood and outlet behind it. The picture is no longer there as we now have a flatscreen TV. Thats going too as its WAY too high and annoying. Which brings me to what to put on the mantle and or hearth below. I really am thinking of painting my mantle and distressing it white. Either painting white or distressing it with a sander to give it a more french country quality and maybe a pop of life to match all the white bright trim throughout the house. I guess I need a large piece of artwork or something sitting on the mantle. If anyone has any ideas I really appreciate it. Be honest. Thats what I like about this forum. Friends and family wont tell you the truth but those on this forum wont skirt the issue. What would you do here?

I actually considered having my hubbie tear it down as its just so dark and dingy to me. I think he was considering it just to shut me up ahahahah. Maybe you all have a few tricks up your sleeve. Changing the mantle or refacing it has also entered my mind but would be difficult now that its set. I have never loved it and am trying to work with it here. thank you.

>

Comments (18)