SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

About time - drawer is finally fixed!

a2gemini
10 years ago

As many of you might remember, I had a side wall blow out on my Brookhaven 42 inch cabinet dish drawer almost 2 years ago.

Here is the link to the original thread. Based on input - we figured out the issue did not have to do with construction but more the installation of glides and overall weight!
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1020404519236.html

Going in circles - Brookhaven agreed to replace the cabinet box but getting it out of there looked problematic as the risk of destroying our countertop and backsplash was more than we could fathom. So thanks to ideas from GW - we went a different route.

This went in circles even more as the wrong size replacement drawer came in. Then was re-ordered and the owner canceled cause thought it was a duplicate.

Then the wrong glides came in, etc.

Well it is done! We decided to put a drawer in a drawer and using heavy duty glides with additional screws - we should be good to go (but I will always be a bit squeamish on full extension with this big guy!) I would have liked finger cutouts to grab the drawer and could still do downstream.

The pictures aren't great - but you will get the idea.
This is the cabinet. The outside looks the same.

The drawer in a drawer

Bottom part of the drawer

Second shot

Top part of drawer

And just for fun - I found these bowls at a friend's show - she does weaving and spinning but they also had this potter and thought the colors were a must have for my kitchen

And just a bit of snow around

Comments (22)