SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6061818

Friend in Need-Granite Name Help

User
15 years ago

Having completed my own total Kitchen/Dining Rm renovation a year ago and using GW for a full year prior as a source of excellant information, I'm hoping that you GW'ers can help me to help a friend going thru an emergency kitchen renovation

As fellow renovators who for the most part spend significant time planning for our renovation you can understand what stress is brought on by having to do the same in immediate turn around time. So I am trying to give her advice based on my experiences from here and my own reno.

Saturday we went out to 2 granite yards and at one she fell in love with a stone. For whatever the ridiculous reason was, the woman who we met with didn't know the name of it(that's another story). On the way home she was 99.9% sure this was exactly what she was looking for. On Sunday I tried checking out the company on the web and found only one review(nothing here on GW)and it gave the company 2 out of five stars with a comment that they are quick about installing but to get them to return is another story. Unfortunately she didn't remark as to why they needed to return which is of course a big question and didn't give any specifics other than above. Pretty vague BUT enough to give one pause.

I told her what I had found and now she is not so sure if she should go with this company.

We had been planning to check a couple other places anyways(one that comes highly recommended) but now we have no idea what the stone was. And of course we didn't even think to take a pic :So, here is the description of the stone:

Alot of movement with the predominant color black with white, tan, brown and alot of crystals. It was extremely striking. The woman referred to it as an exotic stone, and of course the price was pretty exotic, too.

I've checked a couple of websites but not seeing anything that resembles it.

I hope someone here might have an idea of what it was. Thanks for any and all input. We are in Northern NJ, if that matters.

Comments (11)