SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

Buster is gone

Lily316
17 years ago

For the first time since July 28, my carriage house is dark and empty. Foster group friend called last night and asked me to bring Buster to our Superpetz today for a pet adoption expo which will continue till tomorrow. After then he has a slot at Petsmart. It's very sad to break up two brothers who have been sleeping and playing together for so long..11 or 12 weeks..It was getting cold in there and I was hating the many treks out there to socialize and feed, so Henry is in my powder room w/ his litter and water and dry Iams and a little Fancy Feast. I want him to absorb the sounds of the home...seven antique clocks chiming on the hour and the dishwasher and the toilet flushing...none he has ever experienced. I took my sweet Phoebe in to see him and she was a sweet as she usually is and Henry puffed up and hissed his little head off. There is hissing thru the crack at the bottom of the door too. How long should he be separated? They are all girls except senile Louie who frankly could care less as long as he is fed first. I brought in toys that the kittens were playing w/ and the condos so their smell is in the house, and now Henry can smell them thru the door crack..He was real purry when I went in. If it doesn't work out, he'll go Petsmart too.

Comments (5)