SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lillie1441

Cat is driving me crazy!

Lillie1441
17 years ago

I have a 2 year old calico that is driving me nuts and I don't know what to do.She is an inside cat,NEVER been outside and up until about 6 months ago has been a perfectly well behaved cat.Never any litter box problems or anything out of the ordinary.Well,in the last few months she has been peeing everywhere! She started out peeing on towels left on the side of the bath tub,then on my bed,then under my bed,then in the living room on the rug by the front door.Tonight she boldly jumped on DH's bed where he was sleeping,and peed on his spare pillow laying next to him! She has left her mark in every room in my house and on many pieces of furniture.I have had her checked and tested at the vet,no medical problems.I have tried confining her to one area,where the litter box is kept,she still pees on everything.She has gotten to where she rarely pees in the litter box but does poop there.I have tried changing litter brands thinking that might be the problem,no luck.There has never been a problem with pooping there and she has never pooped anywhere else,just peed.I don't know what to do with her,but something has to give soon.She has ruined my home,smells like cat pee and I'm ashamed for anyone to come in anymore.And yes,I have tried all the remedies for removing the odor but it is still there! Anyone have any suggestions,(that I haven't already tried),for breaking her of this nasty habit or am I going to have to take more drastic measures? I don't want to have to do that but I will.I am 65 years old and the things I have,(even though they are just "things")are all I will ever have.It took us a long time to get decent furniture and a nice home with nice carpet and if it comes down to that or the cat,the cat will go.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me that might solve the problem.

Comments (22)