SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoor

Where'd my good girl go?

schoor
17 years ago

You know, I am pretty proud of myself and my pup! She is 6 months now, pretty active, although she is sometimes lazier then our cats! hahaha! She is large, about 70 pounds now. She used to sit, stay, roll over and was wonderful on the leash! But now...she is a Holy terror!!!!! LOL! Where did my sweet little girl go who used to do everything so wonderfully?? lol! I caught her on the kitchen table tonight mowing through the left over salad! She also stole a whole turkey leg a couple of weeks ago right off the counter! In front of my husband! After he chased her downa nd got it back, she tried for the other leg! Yikes!

She also ate a couple pairs of socks out of the laundry basket a few days ago and a pair of shorts! Chewed them to bits even though her chew toys were right there beside her.

She peed on my daughters bed today! Never did that before! She pooped three times...count em'- three times on Friday in the house! This is the puppy who never, ever went inside before!! Ok maybe a few accidents when she was teeny tiny, but to actually poop in front of me?? never! She also refuses to sit when I say it. I have to say it a couple times to get her to do it. And walking on the leash is a nightmare! She pulls, jumps and tries to grab the leash and shake it! This is not like her. She is usually really good on her leash and heels really well. We play with the ball almost every night for a half hour or so outside and last night she got the ball a couple of times and then completely ignored me. It was like she snubbed me! lol!

The only change we have had in the last 3 weeks was the kids going back to school, but honestly she gets more play time now when it's just me and her here all day. She has had no food changes, no new people introduced, nothing different to cause stress. We have to go and get her nails clipped next week so I will talk to the vet when I take her. But inthe mean time, I am just stumped.

Is this just a puppy thing? Will she revert back to her old self again anytime soon? Or will I be stuck with puppy from hell for the rest of her life? hehehehehehe! Ok she isn't that bad, but she reminds me of my almost teenage son! Is this her rebelling teen years already? LOL!

Comments (9)