SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

water -hose bib - theft deterrent?

elphaba_gw
9 years ago

I had a water connection (reserved for future use but not fully functional) put on the side of my house that is accessible by my neighbor from his driveway. Our houses are close together - his 12 foot driveway separates us. We aren't close neighbors but I didn't think he would actually steal water. I didn't put a handle on the water connection thinking I was going to use it in the future when I put in a garden. Well .. someone has now added the hose bib.

So... since I'm not using it, I could have the whole connection removed - guess this would be a fool proof method of theft prevention. I saw some devices on Amazon for "faucet locks" but reviews showed they only locked where the water comes out. Since the "thief" here actually invested in the hose bib plumbing so he would have a handle and he caulked and everything to make it totally functional, don't think I just need to protect this from "kids". Is there any device that can prevent them from accessing the "plug" and installing their own hose bib?

I'm not sure of terminology. Hope this makes sense.

Comments (11)