SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

next chapter

OklaMoni
13 years ago

The free housing option I had since November is drying up. I need to be out around May 10.

Thus I went apartment hunting. How depressing all the low cost apartments were that I had lined up to look at. There is no way, I want to come home each day from work to such a building.

Then I get a phone call, while still out looking.... The daughter in law from the lady, that owns the house next door to my daughter. I had written to the old lady. She hadn't been seen in weeks, and we were worried about her, but also thought the move in with her son had occurred faster than anticipated.

The latter is what had happened. I had asked, if there was a chance, that the house would be sold. Yes, it will be sold, but earlier than when I have money to buy (shared house with soon to be ex husband needs to sell first)... besides, I can't buy till the divorce is final. Sooooo, I asked if they may rent it out first. She is talking to husband, husbands brother, and mother in law and will get back to me.

Later I visited a Chinese woman that works at the ice cream place with me. She is divorced, and we feel like we have a bond. Man oh man, I like where she lives. Pretty, peaceful looking... but, she had been broken in on Monday, TV and computer stolen. Argh!

Now I realize, I have to do a search for crime rate in the places I might rent.... and I don't know yet how. I wrote to the local Police, and asked. Will call there later to see what they can tell me.

Meanwhile, I got the job at Home Depot. Was even clocked in yesterday morning, while I was filling out paperwork there!!! Earlier in the morning I got a phone call from the other job, they wanted me to come in and help out, putting the new merchandise up that was delivered (they get a truck load every other day). I went in at 3, but was never told when I can get off. At 5:55 I begged to get off, due to a dinner engagement... and was able to leave. I do work there this morning, tomorrow evening, and then on Sunday.

Will also have training for the new job on Saturday, and start working there on Monday.

Live is sure interesting right now for me.

Moni

Comments (27)