SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

My cat is highly allergic, help!!

brutuses
16 years ago

I am posting a message here hoping someone will have some advice to help me with my poor cat Toonces. Toonces came to me a tiny baby. I don't know if his mom abandoned him or he just found himself in a bad situation. In any case he was about to become prey for some wild dogs so I rescued him. He has been sickly since day one.

He has chronic allergies. He's kept free of fleas, but that doesn't matter. He gets regular cortisone shots and neither does that matter. It helps heal any boo boo's, but doesn't stop his scratching. He has one eye that runs chronically and has always had it. I believe that is most probably the herpes virus.

In any case, my vets (I've been to 4 with him) don't have any suggestions. All they want to do is keep shooting him up with cortisone. If it helped I wouldn't object, but it doesn't. I can't get any natural remedies into him because he fights me and won't take anything in his food because he's a finicky eater.

Do you think I should have specific allergy tests done on him to find out exactly what he's allergic to? I even thought maybe it's a food allergy, which I hope not. I have way too many cats to be able to afford prescription food and can't feed him alone.

If you have any recommedations or suggestions, I sure would like to hear them. Thanks

Comments (8)