SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Help! My dog is scratching...

I took my jack russell to the vet this morning because she has been scraching something terrible the last couple days. Licking paws, and biting too. I figured she had allergies and he said she did but he did not do an allergy test. I truly respect him as a vet btw. We've been going to him for 6 years.

Anyway, he gave her an allergy shot (cortisone? I don't remember) and said it would take effect today. This was 11:00 this morning. Anyway, she is still scratching!! How long does the stuff take to work??

Otherwise, she seems happy, and healthy. We all did a long walk this evening with our other dog and they played and ran and had a good time. She is eating fine. Bathroom business is normal.

It has been 40 days since her last frontline plus but I always go that long with her. She had heartguard last week. On schedule, right at about 32 days.

When she first started scrathcing I thought maybe fire ants as we have lots of them in the yard.

I 'd put frontline on her right now if I didn't think it might interfere with the shot. I don't know what to do!

I'll call the vet tomorrow, but any advice right now? We had a miserable night last night and she was tormented.

Comments (10)