SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdclown

Best brand of tankless water heater?

hdclown
15 years ago

It's time to replace my old gas water heater, and I'm going to go tankless.

My local water company runs a promo where they subsidize the cost over 5 years by billing you $25/mo for the unit, which works out to $1500. The installation "can" be free, but I'm told that it's normally another $300-600 depending on needs. I suspect my install would be on the cheaper side.

Last time I checked into this (1 1/2 years ago), they were using one of 2 Rheem units. I don't mind spending all the cash up front, and it seems like $1500 can get me pretty much anything.

I'm looking for the best brand of unit to go out and buy, and then have a local company install and service. I also need to know a little about maintenance/warranty work and how that would generally be handled, as that could effect my decision.

Lastly, sizing. I have an 1850 sq ft house with 1 1/2 bath, 2 adults, 1 child. My washer is a Kenmoore HE4t front loader, only 2 years old, and my Dishwasher is top of the line LG from 1 1/2 years back. We try not to run the wash/dishwasher when we shower, but it happens sometimes.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths