SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9268002

bathroom help needed

User
16 years ago

Posting on decorating forum even though its a bathroom, its more a question of color and inspiration to get my butt moving. The bathroom has grey floor tiles, toilet and sink which is in a gray formica top. The walls used to be deep mauve spongepainted with white, and a pretty floral shower curtain. (hard to believe, I did this in 1994 or so). Time for a change, so I painted the vanity white, (though true to my secondguessing nature, I wonderif I should have painted it deep brownblack)... and have primed the walls and wonder what color to paint.

I am planning to get a new vanity top from the stock stuff that HD /lowes carry, either a white, or maybe the white-gray marble type, or a white gray speckly granite...new lights, new faucets, on the cheap and uncomplicated.

Originally I though I would go witha pale blue wall and make it all very serene. I got such a pale blue that it is hardly noticeable and I have ceased my efforts at this point. I thought about a paled blue green wall and then either white shower curtain or turquoise-ish curtain?

as you can tell I need help.

Lots of help. Colors that look good with the white, dont seemt o look so great with the gray.

Here are photos for your viewing pleasure, please help me get moving again?

This is for a guest room bathroom so it doesnt get much use.Before (hello 1990's)

Presently- awaiting your input:) hope you can see the floor tile and fixture color.

Comments (20)