SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovepoco

Dreaming of deceased pets

ilovepoco
17 years ago

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I had to share...

I had a really vivid extended dream the other night, starring two old cats of mine who each died about 5 years ago at age 17 (about 6 months apart.) They were absolutely, totally themselves as to behavior, vocalization, looks/expression, size/weight, smell/feel, "cuddleability", etc. I woke up thinking how great it was to have seen them both again!

Has anyone else experienced this? It was happy "reunion"-type of dream experience where we were all so glad to see each other. Totally different than the "farewell" dream I've occasionally had shortly after a pet dies, or the wide-awake experience of "seeing" a recently-deceased pet in a familiar context (snoozing on the bed in a patch of sun, for example) out of the corner of my eye.

What surprised/pleased me the most was NOT that Buster and Mavis are still out there somewhere as separate entities (that's just not part of my personal belief system), but that I had these intense experiences stored away and that they were activated so believably and so completely.

Cheers,

Susan

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!