SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marshao_gw

Gardening in a pet's memory

MarshaO
21 years ago

Please, I have a request...

Pet loss continues to be a most misunderstood thing. People constantly apologize to me (as a grief counselor)when talking about their deceased pet, for the degree to which they believe they are over-reacting in their sorrow. We need to normalize this grief.

I am authoring a book that will be released by Fairview Press toward the end of this year. The subject is pet loss, but more specifically, how we can honor our beloved departed friends through memorialization in the garden. I am putting out an invitation for you to share your story of your pet, including anything you did to commemorate his/her life after they passed. Pictures are most appreciated. Please don't think that this needs to be anything major, or complicated, or fancy - the best anecdotes and memorializations are the ones that come from your heart, and usually the end result is simple and uncomplicated. Photos and stories of garden memorials are especially wonderful.

In addition to knowing that you are helping others, you will receive a free copy of the book in gratitude for your contribution.

My first book was released last month. It is called "A Garden of Love and Healing: Living Tributes to Those We've Loved and Lost" - again, with Fairview Press. This book encourages folks to make a personal garden in memory of their loved one. (If you want to catch a glimpse, as well as an idea of what my work turns out like, it is on amazon.com)

With warmest wishes, Marsha Olson, MA

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor