SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Acid reflux in dogs

debbiep_gw
16 years ago

Does this sound like acid reflux,my dog Lucy(basset)sleeps on the bed and I can hear what sounds like her food coming back up in her throat at night,it starts around 11:00 and she may have two to three episodes before daylight,she will raise her head and swallow several times.She has had this happen for a long time but not as often or as severe as it is now.She been sick recently(gastritis)so they say.Shes taking metronidazole for her illness.I'm not sure why this medicine as she hasn't had diarhea(sp?) at all,more like constipation now nor does she have parasites.I called to ask the vet if I could give her pepcid and they said no not while shes on that medicine ,that the metronidazole should help her reflux.Shes eating small bland meals several times a day and I try to let her last meal be before 7:00pm.Shes been to the vets three times since Saturday morning and has had all the test and some of them twice and everything is good.Is there another illness that is simalar to acid reflux symtoms?Debbie

Comments (3)