SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebound_gw

cheap plastic sink drain - junk!

homebound
15 years ago

I know the economy is going south and folks are cutting costs, but let's hold on to some common sense.

I installed a cheap, one-piece lavatory sink for a customer (they bought it and tried to install, no box by the time I got there, so I can't tell you which one)) where the plastic pop-up drain has a thin rubber gasket on the underside and only lifts enough for the water to just trickle down. No adjustment can be made to the arm to improve the clearance, nor can this particular model be installed without the lever being installed "through" the pop-up assembly. Talk about complete garbage. (It's one of the cheaper things from Home Depot.)

I told the customer I can replace the pop-up drain with a good one, but they're just going to deal with it for the time being. (wonder how long that will last.)

I wish more folks would factor in the operation of something when they buy certain things and not just the "look". That's money well spent.

(Same applies for the cheap lavatory cabinets where the sides will begin to peel after just a few months if theer's any floor moisture...unless you do a few tricks during the install.)

Comments (4)