SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lee676

Can Insinkerator's Cover Control Adapter be used w/ any disposer?

lee676
13 years ago

Hi all, I'm wondering if any of you have used InSinkErator's CCA-00 Cover Control Adapter, an accessory that sells for $35 that transforms a standard continuous-feed disposer into a batch-feed disposer (operated by inserting the drain cover and twisting it). It looks like this:

Insinkerator sells an "Evolution Cover Control" disposer with this preinstalled, but they're expensive (about $250); the adaptor sells for as little as $35 online though. ISE "will only warranty the Cover Control Adaptor when it's installed on Evolution Series disposers", the least expensive (the Evolution Compact) of which costs $170.

That means the Evolution Compact and the CCA-00 adapter together are about $60 less than the Evolution Cover Control. But what I'm really wondering is, will the adapter work with any Insinkerator disposer, like the cheap Badger series, if I'm willing to forsake the (6-year) warranty? Or with the many other brands of disposers that are made by the same company (Kenmore, Whirlpool/Maytag/Kitchenaid, etc.)?

How about disposers made by the only other major supplier of these, Waste King (which makes GE, Sinkmaster, and others)? I already own an uninstalled GE and would rather not have to buy a new disposer in order to get batch feed.

If anyone's curious, I'm going with batch feed because it'a a basement installation and running wiring from a wall switch would involve cutting through cinder blocks, which I'd rather avoid. I could go with an air switch (even more expensive than the Cover Control Adapter, and I'd have to drill a hole in the sink) or a lame undercounter or surface-mount switch, but a batch-feed disposer is the most elegant solution here.

Thx.

Comment