SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owl_at_home

Help! Might have wrong pills!

owl_at_home
15 years ago

I have a dachshund who just had a flare-up of back trouble this week (we assume that's what it is). It was her first one in ages, and in the past she always responded very well to a round of prednisone along with rest. Her previous vet has moved away, so I took her to this other local guy who is a decent vet, but his office is always Total Chaos. Anyway, long story short, I think they may have given me the wrong pills!

They are supposed to be 10 mg prednisone, but she's been on them three days, and is getting worse!! She was obviously in some pain before but not too severe, but since she started these pills she seems increasingly weak, withdrawn, and will not eat! That does not sound like prednisone!

Anyway, these pills are round, pink or sort of salmon-colored, and they have the imprint E 147. Now, I have done some research online and can't find any pictures of prednisone pills that look like this. I DID, however, find a pill called Enacard (enalapril maleate) that DOES look like this. Is anyone familiar enough with either of these drugs to say which it is??

I will contact the vet as soon as he's open again, but I'm just anxious. In a way I'm actually hoping it's the wrong pill because otherwise our baby is not doing well at all, and I don't know why.

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments (16)