SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

Cat with CRF and convulsions

lascatx
12 years ago

Of course this would happen at the beginning of a holiday weekend, but my 19 year old cat was diagnosed with CRF two years ago. She got thinner and seemed generally worse for a while this summer, but she's been doing well lately. Then tonight, just before DH and I were about to eat dinner, she was in the other room and we heard some things banging and crashing. By the time we got there, she'd fallen off the table and was thrashing on the floor. We held her, comforted and petted her until it was over and she was oriented again. She seems fine now.

I've been doing some searching and, as I suspected, this appears to be an end stage symptom, but none of the discussions of experiences with CRF mention dealing with convulsions. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this. Any guesses as to whether we'll make it through the weekend to see her regular vet without another episode? The thought of this happening when we aren't here worries me, and I'm wondering how near end of an end symptom this is. We don't want her to suffer.

I'm going to go check on her again. I'd appreciate any insights or experiences, if there are any on this holiday weekend. Thanks

Comments (14)