SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Special deals at TJ's

Lars
14 years ago

I wish I had thought of this earlier, but recently I had DB pick up some things for me at Trader Joe's; namely pecans (1/2 pound for $5) and pound plus bittersweet chocolate. I had already gone to TJ's for chocolate, but I neglected to buy nuts there and instead bought them at the grocery store. We bought two 2oz packages of shelled pecan halves, and they were $3.29 each! That worked out to $26 a pound, as opposed to $10 a pound at TJ's.

This is just a reminder to check your shopping list for items that will be much cheaper there - particularly nuts. If they aren't on the shelf, ask someone to check in the back. I had to do that with the chocolate.

I'm done with my candy making until I get to Texas, but I will be taking TJ's chocolate and almonds with me to make more toffee once I get there. They don't have TJ's in Austin, but they are all over Southern California. Unfortunately, my parents have not had good pecan yields the past two years, and the three year old pecans in the freezer were no longer good. I hope next year they will have a good crop - at least the drought is over, and that should help.

Lars

Comments (10)