SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elsewhere_gw

Gray kitchen in progress! Feedback please?

elsewhere
12 years ago

I'd thought I'd post a few pictures from our current renovation and see if anyone has any feedback that might help tune the final decisions: floor stain color (possibly), backsplash, and paint colors for room.

A bit of context: this is kitchen in a 1891 shingle style house (the traditionalists might be a bit horrified - my renovation style tends to be a bit more 'honor the past without being forced to repeat it'...I was going for something a bit more contemporary that still makes sense in the space )

So, I'd really like your comments and suggestions (well, except for the 'how the #$& are you going to keep dark floors and white marble CLEAN...we know, we know...a potential disaster in the making, but hopefully a very beautiful disaster)

I understand my taste is not everyone's taste, it's just a chance to get fresh perspectives and I will probably not interact much other than to THANK YOU for your unvarnished opinion. Thoughts, links to photos, ideas on remaining color choices...anything and everything welcome.

Background

Cabinets - Farrow and Ball Cornforth White

Floor - Ebonized white oak (the photos read dark, but there is definitely grain showing through...will probably do a matte finish on final coat). One option that we are considering is to restain the floor (perhaps a mid-tone brown with some red) to pull in from the rest of the house.

Countertop - White Rhino marble.

Comments (64)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH