SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

dizzy dog!

lindac
13 years ago

My 11 year old toy poodle has developed what seems to be, maybe canine vestibular disease....but it doen't come on suddenly....she just sort of progressivly got less and less co ordinated and sleepy. She's eating and drinking if I hold the bowl for her. but I first notices a little strange gait about 2 weeks ago, I put it down to a tweaked back and gave her asperine which seemed to make it a little better. so last Friday I got her some rimidyl and reloxofin....didn't do a thing and by Monday she was just sleeping, and I would carry her out to go and carry her in to sleep.

She is on her usual phenobarb because she has had seizures in the past, plus rimidyl and amoxicillin....just because I insisted! The vet has no better ideas....but didn't want to put her on the amoxicillin...but I pretty well insisted. her temperature was normal to very slightly elevated, attributitable to being at the vet. her ears to the ear drum look fine,,,he could see nothing by looking at her eyes.

I don't think she has pooped in 2 days. Is it best to coax her to move? or just let her rest as much as possible. Should I worry about the not pooping?

All and any advice gratefully received!

Linda c

Comments (2)