SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjdabomb70

I need to VENT (shower/tub)

tjdabomb70
16 years ago

Background: Remodel work, bathroom. Double vanity relocated, broke up shower/tub to separate units. Sinks share one dedicated 2" vent to roof. All bath fixtures drain into a common 3", 1/4" per ft sloped horizontal (via long turn 3x3x2 wyes) then vertical 4" main. Large crawlspace where all drains and supplies are located.

My issues:

#1 I want to share one existing 2" vent through roof for both the shower and tub. The shower drain is ~2' from the vent I want to use and 4" from the main 3" horizontal drain. I put a 2" santee under the shower drain to be used as a horizontal vent that would travel 2' to the vent and hooked the p-trap after the santee to a 3x3x2 long turn wye into the horizontal drain. Is the santee/vent arrangement I have ok? If not, what should I do?

#2 I want to vent my tub drain by using the 2" vent shared by the shower. Unfortunately, the tub is about 10' away from the vent (as the crow flies), and the bathrom has finished walls (no putting in a dedicated vent here now). My thought here was to have a 2" p-trap at the tub drain

that is mated to a 2x2x2 long turn wye, head end with a CO, that goes ~6" to a 2x2x2 santee attached @45 degrees with a short arm to a 45 degree short ell that would get 10' of travel vent/pipe to the vertical vent 10' away. Is this ok? If not, what can I do?

I may be able to draw this out if my ramblings aren't mentally cohesive.

T

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH