SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
panamamike

Waste King or Insinkerator? Specific questions.

panamamike
14 years ago

I've seen a couple of threads on this, but haven't gotten answers to my particular concerns. Hopefully, someone might know the answers.

1: For warranty purposes, does the garbage disposal have to be installed professionally. I like the idea of lifetime warranty, but don't know if this would be an issue.

2: Which insinkerators have stainless internals? I have a 444, of course this guy died for the reason many do. The case corroded/oxidized. I see recommendations to get a stainless interior model. I don't know which ones have this feature. Is it only the excel?

3: Are there any lifetime warranties for compact installs. I see the waste king top of the line 1hp unit has the lifetime in-home, but it's a whopping 16 inches tall. My current unit is a bit shorter and the 16 won't fit. Any shorter waste king models with lifetime? I see the 3300 has 10 year warranty as opposed to the lifetime.

4: Should I be that concerned about the warranty? I know mine failed due to defect, corrosion. Also wonder what happens if you "break" the unit because a fork or something was caught in the disposal. Is warranty an important concern?

5: Do I need the cadillac? There is a significant price difference between the basic and excel insinkerator. Is this just for the cool exterior I'll never see. Do I need that 3rd stage of grinding?

Mike

Comments (14)