SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clg7067

While we are talking about bad service

clg7067
12 years ago

How do I get cabinet suppliers to take me seriously?

I plan on buying cabinets for my kitchen, 2 baths, and a basement. I went to my local supply place, which has a nice showroom and sells high end kitchen and bath "fittings".

First, I had to make 3 visits before I could get somebody to talk to me. Finally, I told the sales woman what I needed, but I need to at least see real samples before placing any orders. They had recently moved to a new showroom and all the cabinet door samples were hidden someplace still packed in boxes. I gave a list of the finishes I was interested in and I never heard back.

So, I went to another place about 50 miles away that sells the cabinet brand I was interested in. While I was there the showroom people were very helpful and gave me some great estimates. They even had samples of most of the finishes It's been several months and I phoned to try to get some sample doors because I want to order in May. Well, I was told it was "very unusual" and somebody would call me back.

It's been a week later, and no phone call. I emailed the name on my business card to find out what is up. No reply. I guess I'm going to drive up there Saturday morning and get the scoop. Otherwise, I'll have to look at a different cabinet line.

Comments (7)